Wednesday, April 5, 2017

IWSG - April - Ebook News



It’s time for another group posting of the IWSG: Insecure Writer’s Support Group! Time to release our fears to the world – or offer encouragement to those who are feeling neurotic. If you’d like to join us, click on the tab above and sign up. We post the first Wednesday of every month and encourage everyone to visit at least a dozen new blogs and leave a comment. Your words might be the encouragement someone needs.

Be sure to link to IWSG and display the badge in your post.


IWSG is the brainchild of our noble Ninja Captain and leader Alex J. Cavanaugh

Our Twitter handle is @TheIWSG and hashtag is #IWSG

Every month, we announce a question that members can answer in their IWSG post. These questions may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience or story. Include your answer to the question in your IWSG post or let it inspire your post if you are struggling with something to say. 

Remember, the question is optional!

April 5 Question: Have you taken advantage of the annual A to Z Challenge in terms of marketing, networking, publicity for your book? What were the results?


The awesome co-hosts for the April 5 posting of the IWSG will be Christopher D. Votey, Madeline Mora-Summonte, Fundy Blue, and Chrys Fey!




This post will be brief as I am currently under the weather with a severe case of hives. From the top of my head to the bottom of my feet, can you believe it? I can't. It's a long time since I've experienced anything so painful. But this doesn't mean I won't be visiting your blogs; it's just going to take me longer than normal. Before I go I wanted to mention I have a new ebook coming out with Dancing Lemur. 

Life is good and my body will most certainly heal soon. My doctor(s) live in the apartment directly below us. Two of the sweetest girls you'll ever meet. Thank you Cinthia and Jackie for all your tender care. Oh, and Happy Anniversary to my dear husband. 




34 comments :

  1. Happy anniversary! I'm so sorry about your health right now. Miserable! I haven't been sick, but my baby girl is and it's been pretty rough. You get to a point where you just say, "Enough already!" Right?! Sending healing cheese your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks! I've had hives before. No fun. Happy anniversary and hopefully you feel well enough to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four days later, and I'm doing well. Thanks, Alex.

      Delete
  3. Oh no. Get well soon! Congrats on your upcoming book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meka. I'm enjoying Gabrielle Aplin's songs very much.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your new book! Hopefully, with all the excitement, those hives will go away real soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary. That's good your doctors are really close.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your book coming out in ebook format!

    I'm sorry you're under the weather. I hope you feel better and the hives go away soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please get well soon! As awful and painful this rash is...just think how you can use this experience in one of your suspense thrillers? And I'm sending good wishes and congratulations to you and your hubby as you celebrate this anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many things to celebrate. Congrats on your anniversary AND on your new book release. Looking forward to reading it!! As far as the hives go, I hope you know what caused them so you don't have to suffer again with them. And I am definitely not saying congrats on having them, but how about congrats when you get rid of them??? Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!
    JQ Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doctors think it was a reaction to Ibiprofen, and I agree. Thanks. Glad to hear Ted's feeling better.

      Delete
  9. Get well soon, my dear. Sometimes things hit us unexpectedly. Take care of yourself and use this time to read a couple of good books that you have always wanted to read but didn't have the time.

    All the best.
    Shalom aleichem,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have/had skin issues in the past and it is so not fun. Wishing you quick healing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary, IWSG Day, A to Z April. Congrats on new book release. Hope you feel better soon. Sorry for your trouble.
    ' Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the new book! Congrats on the anniversary! And oh, bummer! on the hives. It's always something. Happy thoughts for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm... a friend of mine just contracted a severe case of hives that has hung around for weeks. Is something going around? Hope you get over it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine lasted four days, but I went to the doctors. Hope your friends better soon. Hives aren't fun. Thanks Ken.

      Delete
  14. I hope the hives go away and you feel better soon. I once had hives from head to toe too and it was not comfortable and then all my skin peeled (like having a sunburn and then peeling). Even my feet! Turns out I was allergic to the soap I was using in the shower.

    Get well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you get/ feel better soon, Joylene. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry to read about your health problems Joylene, get well soon. I've just been reading about Maski over at Alex J. Cavanaugh's blog it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you feel better soon! Thinking of and praying for you. Congrats on the book! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Joylene! I just read on Alex's blog that you had a health issue and had to withdraw as an IWSG administrator. I'm so sorry, that you have been afflicted with hives. I had hives once when I was four, and I've never forgotten how itchy and painful they were. You have my sympathy and well-wishes that they will disappear soon! I'm sorry that I'm just getting around to everyone from IWSG day. Sometimes life just has to take over, and I've had a couple of those weeks. Congratulations on your new book. It comes out tomorrow, I think, and I'll be looking for it. You are a wonderful writer, and I wish you every success with your latest publication. Sending you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Joylene! Congrats on your release day! Hope you are feeling great! All the best!

    Posted a feature of your book at my blog today...Spreading the word! CONGRATS again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry about the hives, hope they've cleared up by now. So excited about your new book! Just downloaded it and cant' wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.